Local -> Bitbucket -> SiteGround

aotearoa-web-design October 15, 2018

Hi there,

I'd like to do the following, but am a little unsure how to start. So, I have a local working copy of a site on my Mac. Migrated there using WP Migrate DB Pro. I have a Bitbucket account obviously, a .gitignore file so I'm only tracking custom plugin & theme code - nothing else.
I can push to Bitbucket no problem (I'm using Tower as my GIT GUI) but my question is - how do I go from Bitbucket to SiteGround?

I'm running a Cloud VPS there, so have many sites in their own directories. I have created SSH keys for all cPanels under my account (some sites warrant their own).

Yes, SiteGround do have a GIT tool, but from my understanding it creates the repo from the entire wp-content directory, which isn't what I want.

I essentially just want a way to deploy from Bitbucket to SiteGround, I am reasonably confident I have the local -> Bitbucket part of the equation sorted.

Can anyone offer any advice? I have put in a support request to SiteGround as well, so if they come back with a good, workable solution, I'll post it here.

Many thanks,
Jason

2 answers

0 votes
James Hayes August 2, 2022

@aotearoa-web-design  did you ever find a solution for this?

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

It's easy to make on git level.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events