• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Local -> Bitbucket -> SiteGround

Hi there,

I'd like to do the following, but am a little unsure how to start. So, I have a local working copy of a site on my Mac. Migrated there using WP Migrate DB Pro. I have a Bitbucket account obviously, a .gitignore file so I'm only tracking custom plugin & theme code - nothing else.
I can push to Bitbucket no problem (I'm using Tower as my GIT GUI) but my question is - how do I go from Bitbucket to SiteGround?

I'm running a Cloud VPS there, so have many sites in their own directories. I have created SSH keys for all cPanels under my account (some sites warrant their own).

Yes, SiteGround do have a GIT tool, but from my understanding it creates the repo from the entire wp-content directory, which isn't what I want.

I essentially just want a way to deploy from Bitbucket to SiteGround, I am reasonably confident I have the local -> Bitbucket part of the equation sorted.

Can anyone offer any advice? I have put in a support request to SiteGround as well, so if they come back with a good, workable solution, I'll post it here.

Many thanks,
Jason

1 answer

0 votes

It's easy to make on git level.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

2,589 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you