Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List "Lost" Repos

Arnaud Demarcq February 8, 2023

We've recently removed all access from some repositories (including admin rights). As a consequence, we were not able to see them.

Luckily, we've been able to "recover" them by going (blinkdy) to their respective admin page and undo this change.

* https://bitbucket.org/<oraganisation>/<bucket_id>/admin/access

However, in order to be 100% sure this has been done for every impacted repository, we would need a way to list buckets with no access (or all projects including those, this would work fine as well)

All the API entry points and web pages we've seen are using the rights of the current user to list repo. So we're able to "recover a repo" only if we know it is there.

Is there a way to list these repos with no access rights attached ? 

2 answers

1 vote
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

Hello @Arnaud Demarcq ,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

The public API endpoint to List repositories in a workspace will indeed not return repos that the user has no access to. I went ahead and created a feature request for that endpoint to return the "Lost repos" for the admins of the workspace : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. 

As a workaround, while this feature is not implemented, you can create a new group in your workspace and use the below script to add all the repositories to this new group : 

The script will add all the repos existing in the workspace, including the "Lost" repos. You can then check the repo list in the group to identify what repositories you might have missed previously.

Please note the above script was not written by Atlassian developers and is considered a third-party tool. This means that this is also not supported by Atlassian. We highly recommend you have your team review the script before running it to ensure you understand the steps and actions taking place, as Atlassian is not responsible for the resulting configuration.

Thank you, @Arnaud Demarcq !

Patrik S

Arnaud Demarcq February 14, 2023

Thanks a lot. 

I'll have a look a your script and see if we can use it for our account.

Like Patrik S likes this
0 votes
Blue Ridge Consultants
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2023

I wish I could provide you a better answer, but we're stumped as you've already explored the APIs and they are limited by the scope of the user accessing the call.

I will suggest checking the Audit Log under your workspace settings though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events