Licensing Fisheye - Does Scanning Stop if you exceed paid license?

My company is thinking of purchasing a Fisheye + Crucible license.

We have about 150 commiters in our SVN repository but only need 100 Fisheye + Crucible licenses since we shall not be sending reviews to all developers.

If I have 150 committers and only Fisheye + Crucible licenses for 100 users then:-

1. Will Fisheye stop scanning my repository when it detects we have more committers than we have number of licenses? (I believe this is what the starter license does)

2. If the scanning does not stop then can I still see the SVN committer ID in Fisheye even though its isn't mapped to a Fisheye account?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Jason Hinch Atlassian Team Oct 03, 2011

The FishEye starter license is the only license type to put a restriction on the amount of committers allowed within a repository (10 committers). All commercial licenses can have an unlimited number of committers. You can create user accounts as required (in your case for people performing reviews) and map their committer name to the user. The rest of the committers will index successfully but won't be mapped to a particular user. You can view statistics and commit history for these committers but they won't get the benefits of being associated to a user.

Hi Jason

Thanks for the prompt answer.

regards

Jon

Jason Hinch Atlassian Team Oct 03, 2011

Hi Jon,

Make sure you accept and vote up this answer to it is easily found by others

Cheers,

Jason

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,206 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you