Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let developer to create a pull request and admin to approve this to merge on master

brunodantas00 May 10, 2018

We have users: Bruno as an Admin and Gerb and Kel as developers. So let me try to explain the scenario with a real example and what i tried so far:  

1. Created a team
  2. Created groups developers and admins
  3. Grant group developer permission to read
  4. Invited Kel and Gerb as developers
  5. Kel created a brand from master, apply some changes on her branch
  6. When she tries to create a PUSH or a PULL REQUEST to origin the message "ACCESS DENIED" appears

The idea is that Bruno can aprove and merge this to MASTER if he agrees with the changes Kel did on her branch.

Any ideas how we can cover this scenario using teams and bitbucket?

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi Bruno! This answer might come a bit late, but hopefully it will still help you or someone else :)

In your scenario, I'd recommend to apply Branch permissions, or you can also have a look at Protect your master branch with merge checks (note that Merge Check is a Premium feature in Bitbucket Cloud).

If you're using Bitbucket Server, you can check Using branch permissions instead.

Best regards!

Ana

brunodantas00 May 30, 2018

Thanks Ana, have a great day! :)

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

You too, Bruno! Have an awesome day :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events