Large file checkin in Stash

Fazle Arefin December 10, 2013

I am trying to checkin a large file 30MB in stash but failing to do so. Is there a setting somewhere where file size limit is set?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
joapa June 16, 2015

If you are using a reverse proxy in front of Stash, like Nginx, make sure you change the upload value for that.

E.g. 

client_max_body_size 50m;
0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Hi Fazle,

There are no hard file limits in Stash. What is failing exactly? Without knowing anything more my first guess is a proxy in front of Stash that has a low timeout value or invalid configuration.

I might suggest, in addition to posting a reply, would be to raise a support ticket and attach your Stash logs, the output from the git push and apache configuration (or whatever proxy you have).

Unrelated, and you probably know already this, committing large (binary) files into git can lead to increasingly slow clone times that then affect your builds. It gets worse depending on how often and how many of these large files are being added/modified. If they're only derived files, like jars, I would recommend using something like Maven. If they're game assests, well, I'm not sure anyone has come up with the perfect solution yet. :(

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events