cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LEVEL-projects] Creating a template for pull request

Edwar Montano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2024

How can I create templates for pull request descriptions in Bitbucket, both from a repository template and at the project level?

I am looking for an efficient way to standardize the descriptions of pull requests in our projects. Currently, each team member writes the descriptions differently, making it difficult to review and track them. I would like to know if Bitbucket offers any functionality to create and apply templates at the project level to ensure that all pull requests follow a consistent format. This provides more context and helps readers better understand the problem you are trying to solve.

I reviewed the roadmap for Bitbucket Cloud and did not find any similar feature, so I have created the following issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-19514

1 answer

2 votes
Saxea _Flowie_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2024

Hi @Edwar Montano

Currently, Bitbucket only supports it at repository level. There is an open request here for what you are asking.

In other news, we do provide an addon where you can easily enforce the pull request description and title, which might be helpful. We are releasing support for project level configurations next week!

We also have plans to support PR templates eventually.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events