Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira bitbucket linking branches, is it possible to be case insensitive?

Currently we have commits automatically linking from bitbucket to Jira ticket. But for our branch naming we use lowercase, for example feature/pm-1. This doesn't link to the jira ticket PM-1 due to the case being different. Is there a way to make this checking case insensitive so jira can automatically find the branches and have them in the ticket sidebar?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

There is currently no way to do that, no. Note that the documentation mentions that the key needs to be uppercase:

In all cases, the issue key must use to the default Jira key format – that is, two or more uppercase letters

There are multiple places where uppercase is required, another one is in the Bitbucket UI itself so that the issue key is turned into a link.

Is it possible for you to use uppercase for the issue key in your branch names? Also, I'm curious why you use lowercase, is it a stylistic preference or are there other reasons? :)

It's been the standard for longer than I've been working here so I can't say for sure why. I'd assume it's for the simplicity of saying everything should be lowercase.

I asked for you, our team leader doesn't like uppercase characters in urls.

Like # people like this

Jira has uppercase characters in all issue URLs :)

What is the reason JIRA is requiring the key to be uppercase? 

Like Anton Pozhidaev likes this

If Jira can only have uppercase project abbreviations (like PM-123) then why not map both upper and lower case branches/commits to the issue? I see that with commits it is actually possible but not with branches https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-16614

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events