Jira and stash integration break STASH

Quentin Deldycke November 27, 2013

Hi,

On my windows server 2008, i manage to make work Stash and jira following this configuration:

• On C:\Atlassian\JIRA, the jira and jira-home folder - use the JIRADBUSER on my oracle server
    • On C:\Atlassian\Stash, the stash and stash-home folders (stash is using the JRE used by Jira. Is this a correct solution?) - use the STASHDBUSER on my oracle server

Both tools were correctly working after installation. I also linked them without any problems. But tonight, my server rebooted and now, Jira work but not Stash. (integration seems dead also)

Stash complain about:

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdUserDao' defined in class path resource [crowd-spi-context.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [org.springframework.transaction.PlatformTransactionManager]: : Error creating bean with name 'pluginConfiguration' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginPersistentStateStore' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginPersistentStateStore' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.DefaultPluginPersistentStateStore#bf81f2' of type [com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.DefaultPluginPersistentStateStore] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.DefaultPluginPersistentStateStore#bf81f2' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginStateDao' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginStateDao' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Atlassian/STASH/atlassian-stash-2.9.3/atlassian-stash/WEB-INF/lib/stash-dao-impl-2.9.3.jar!/com/atlassian/stash/internal/plugin/HibernatePluginStateDao.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [org.hibernate.SessionFactory]: : Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactoryPrototype' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Missing column: is_active in JIRADBUSER.CWD_APPLICATION; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactoryPrototype' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Missing column: is_active in JIRADBUSER.CWD_APPLICATION; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginConfiguration' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginPersistentStateStore' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginPersistentStateStore' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.DefaultPluginPersistentStateStore#bf81f2' of type [com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.DefaultPluginPersistentStateStore] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.DefaultPluginPersistentStateStore#bf81f2' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginStateDao' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginStateDao' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Atlassian/STASH/atlassian-stash-2.9.3/atlassian-stash/WEB-INF/lib/stash-dao-impl-2.9.3.jar!/com/atlassian/stash/internal/plugin/HibernatePluginStateDao.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [org.hibernate.SessionFactory]: : Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactoryPrototype' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Missing column: is_active in JIRADBUSER.CWD_APPLICATION; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactoryPrototype' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Missing column: is_active in JIRADBUSER.CWD_APPLICATION

It seems the link with jira break the startup of Stash. I verified on both database users. The database for Stash do have an is_active field (char 1) bu jira doesn't have (a active field is here, but it is a number 9).

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
So, i found my problem: I had 1 oracle database (instance) with 2 users. The user JIRADBUSER and STASHDBUSER. For an unknown reason when the framework used inside atlassian apps try to use the CWD_APPLICATION table, oracle redirect to the CWD_APPLICATION of user JIRADBUSER (alphabetical order?) My only solution was to create 2 separates instances of Oracle for each user. From there, it seems to work flawlessly. More investigation will be made tomorrow.
1 vote
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2013

It looks like you've configured Stash to use the JIRA database (JIRADBUSER) instead of the Stash database?

Have a look at the tables in your JIRADBUSER and STASHDBUSER databases. If you see tables in the JIRADBUSER database that start with sta_ you've probably pointed Stash to the JIRA database at some point. The jdbc connection details can be found in STASH_HOME/stash-config.properties.

If that's the case, you probably want to open a support request on support.atlassian.com to get some assistence in fixing things up.

No, i have 2 separates user with separate databases for each application.

Both application are freshly installed and they both use their own bases without any problems. The problem have happen:

• When linking both application
  • Reboot the server

I will flush my stash application and retry the process to confirm.

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2013
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Missing column: is_active in JIRADBUSER.CWD_APPLICATION

implies that Stash is accessing the JIRADBUSER database. Please check your stash-config.properties to make sure it is configured correctly.

Here is the content of my stash-config.properties:

#>*******************************************************
#> Migrated to database at jdbc:oracle:thin:@//172.21.0.56:1522/siioracle
#> Updated on 2013-11-27T16:14:59.382+01:00
#>*******************************************************
jdbc.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@//172.21.0.56:1522/siioracle
jdbc.user=stashdbuser
jdbc.password=stashdbpassword

As you can see, it doesn't mention the jiradbuser...

I tried to reinstall stash, here is my process:

I have cut my service. (net stop stash)

Then, in my folder, i have removed:

• Stash application repertory
  • HOME-STASH

Recreated en empty HOME-STASH folder

copied a cleanly extracted archive.

I have (for being sure) created a new user in my oracle: TEST. I verified his rights and that the base is empty.

Restarted my service, and connected to the url of stash. I filled my information of connection to the database using the TEST user.

There i can't also regenerate my database. the same kind of error is happening.

The Hibernate SessionFactory could not be created. The database schema may not have been correctly applied
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.createSessionFactory(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:340)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.prepareDatabase(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:158)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.setupTask(SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.java:139)
Missing column: is_active in JIRADBUSER.CWD_APPLICATION
	org.hibernate.mapping.Table.validateColumns(Table.java:366)
	org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.validateSchema(Configuration.java:1305)
	org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaValidator.validate(SchemaValidator.java:155)

Is it safe to use the same JRE for both applications? It seems there is a Jira configuration file which is applied on Stash.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events