Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I have jira and bitbucket instance and I need to write a script to create bitbucket project and repository with the information from JIRA. I know python so have to do it with python:

1. Script should select issues of JIRA with project key in my case it is 'BR' and status To Do.
2. Script should read values of Bitbucket Project Name, Bitbucket Repository Name fields
3. Script should open a new Bitbucket project with Bitbucket Project Name if the project not exists
4. Script should open a new Bitbucket repository with Bitbucket Repository Name under project with Bitbucket Project Name
5. Script should update(create transition) JIRA issue. After the process JIRA issue should have status "Done"

Could someone help me about this. Thank you in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The good news is that, I think, Python is the perfect tool to solve this.

You have to make calls to the Jira ad Bitbucket REST APIs. The REST API endpoints are very well documented and you can find Python examples, as well.

Hints:

For 1, just run a JQL query like this via the REST API: "project=BR and status=To Do".

Then iterate over the result, pick the values of the fields you mentioned, connect to Bitbucket, check the existence, create if not existing yet, and so on.

It is not very hard, good luck!

0 votes

@Abdullah Dursun hi there! I see two very good solutions pointed out in the comments above. I'd like to simply add an alternative way of connecting the two systems. You can use ZigiOps. It's an external no-code tool, that connects the systems instantly and allows you to transfer the information you need. You can also sync the data between them because it establishes a bi-directional connection. Feel free to look at it as a reference for future projects and even book a demo to see how it can help you. 

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

0 votes
Karthick S Atlassian Team Apr 06, 2022

Hello @Abdullah Dursun

Welcome to the community!

You can check various REST APIs for Bitbucket Cloud here which you may use for the custom scripting. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Karthick S

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events