I have a Bitbucket instance on EC2 with an RDS DB. I am running 4.14.14 and looking to upgrade to the latest version 6.7.1.
I setup a test environment to perform the upgrade. After the upgrade I am getting "Your Atlassian instance is not running"
I can see that the process is running. I think maybe the server,xml migration might be missing something? Other than that I am stumped.
Here are the steps I ran:
1) Created AMI from existing EC2 instance
2) Launched new EC2 instance from AMI
3) Built new RDS instacne from snapshot
4) Adjusted hostname for URL using:
5) Confirmed site was reachable
6) Performed a database migration to the new database
7) Performed a yum update and rebooted
8) Confirmed everything was in working order
9)Bitbucket update check for 6.7.1 showed:
- Push Email Notifier: Incompatible
- Atlassian REST API Browser: Update available (performed update)
- Bitbucket Server Webhook to Jenkins: Disable and update add-on after server upgrade (disabled)
- My Branches: Disable and update add-on after server upgrade (disabled)
2) Downloaded atlassian-bitbucket-6.7.1-x64.bin to /tmp
3) Upgrades below version 5 require a migration from server.xml to bitbucket.properties.
Added these lines to /media/atl/bitbucket/shared/bitbucket.properties:
4) Stopped bitbucket (/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.14.4/bin/stop-bitbucket.sh)
5) sudo chmod +x /tmp/atlassian-bitbucket-6.7.1-x64.bin
6) Ran upgrade
Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events