Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there full tree of available options for unattended installation?

Deleted user January 8, 2020

According to this article I can install bitbucket via unattended mode

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/running-the-bitbucket-server-installer-776640183.html

Is there the way to get full tree of possible parameters?

For example I need to answer on next questions:

Would you like to install or upgrade an instance?
Install a new instance [1, Enter], Upgrade an existing instance [2]

Install Bitbucket 6.9.1
What type of instance are you looking to install?
Install a Server instance [1, Enter], Install a Data Center instance [2], Install a Smart Mirroring instance [3]

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hi Artem,

The easiest way to get this information at the moment is to run through the installer as normal and choose the options when prompted that you want to use. After the installation completes, this will create a response.varfile inside <APP_INSTALL_DIR>/.install4j

You can make any changes as needed and supply it to the installer with the -varfile option.

When I ran through this with the default settings, this was the response.varfile created for me and should give you an idea of the options available:

# install4j response file for Bitbucket 6.9.1
app.bitbucketHome=/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket
app.defaultInstallDir=/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/6.9.1
app.install.service$Boolean=true
executeLauncherAction$Boolean=false
httpPort=7990
installation.type=INSTALL
launch.application$Boolean=true
sys.adminRights$Boolean=true
sys.languageId=en

This installs Bitbucket Server as a service, starts it, and does a new installation.

installation.type has the following valid options: UPGRADE|INSTALL|MIRROR_INSTALL|MIRROR_UPGRADE|
DATA_CENTER_INSTALL|DATA_CENTER_UPGRADE

Deleted user January 8, 2020

It might be a wonderful to have this example on main page with unattended installation instructions 

Like Jeff Thomas likes this
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

You're right. I'm working on getting the documentation updated at the moment to include more of this information.

Like Deleted user likes this
John Kennedy July 10, 2020

@Jeff Thomas Is there any progress on this? I am looking to be able to use a varfile to configure Jira to use Active Directory and can't find a definitive list of varfile directives.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events