Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there any way to find out who closed the pull request task in Bitbucket ?

We can attach one or more tasks to any pull request comment, to track required work identified during a review. Anyone with permission to browse a pull request can create a task on any comment, and can browse, resolve or reopen existing tasks in the pull request.

My question is how we would know who has resolve the task or mark it as resolved ?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Vipin Chaudhary,

The best way I could find is by checking the atlassian-bitbucket-access.log.

Every time a task is updated marked as resolved or as unresolved, you'll find a line with the following content in the log:

PUT /rest/api/latest/tasks/1

The 1 here is the task id, which is an incremental number.

While this allows you to check who performed the action, it still does not tell you if the user marked the task as resolved or unresolved.

For comparison, when creating a new task, you'll see the following in the log:

POST /rest/api/latest/tasks

It would be useful if you could tell us more about why you would like to know who performed this action.

For more details on this log file, please refer to the How to read the Bitbucket Server Log Formats article. 

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

If there are multiple people on a team, and a task is resolved or unresolved, I want to know who marked it resolved without looking at email notifications. I'm unsure why this isn't obvious.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,257 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you