Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to find out who closed the pull request task in Bitbucket ?

Vipin Chaudhary July 5, 2018

We can attach one or more tasks to any pull request comment, to track required work identified during a review. Anyone with permission to browse a pull request can create a task on any comment, and can browse, resolve or reopen existing tasks in the pull request.

My question is how we would know who has resolve the task or mark it as resolved ?

1 answer

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2018

Hi @Vipin Chaudhary,

The best way I could find is by checking the atlassian-bitbucket-access.log.

Every time a task is updated marked as resolved or as unresolved, you'll find a line with the following content in the log:

PUT /rest/api/latest/tasks/1

The 1 here is the task id, which is an incremental number.

While this allows you to check who performed the action, it still does not tell you if the user marked the task as resolved or unresolved.

For comparison, when creating a new task, you'll see the following in the log:

POST /rest/api/latest/tasks

It would be useful if you could tell us more about why you would like to know who performed this action.

For more details on this log file, please refer to the How to read the Bitbucket Server Log Formats article. 

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

Ryan Stokes October 25, 2021

If there are multiple people on a team, and a task is resolved or unresolved, I want to know who marked it resolved without looking at email notifications. I'm unsure why this isn't obvious.

Like Megan_Biondo likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events