Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any API from which we can see how many app passwords does the user has issued?

Saransh Saraf October 6, 2022

Hi all,

I'm looking for an API from where I can see which user has what number of app password issued in his account.

And is there any API in which I can see the Audit logs for bitbucket, just like the gui audit logs.

I've already checked the Access Audit Events API, not helpfull at all.

I highly appreciate your help.

Best,

Saransh

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2022

Hi Saransh,

It is not possible to get via API or via the UI the number of app passwords that each of your team members has. Could you perhaps explain why you need that info?

Audit logs for Bitbucket Cloud are not available via API either, I am not sure which Access Audit Events API you are referring to.

However, this is something our team has started working on. Please see the latest update from Denise Garcia on the feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-13176

I would also suggest adding your vote to that feature request and adding yourself as a watcher if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

In the meantime, a member of our support team has developed a script that can be used to collect the logs from the UI into a text file:

https://bitbucket.miwalker.net/projects/BBCS/repos/parse_audit_log/browse

In that link, you will find instructions on how to execute the script and also the parameters you have to change prior to running it.

Please note the above script was produced by an individual within our support team and is not directly supported by Atlassian or our Support team as a whole. This is provided on a best-effort basis and we recommend you have your dev team review it and ensure you understand what it is attempting to accomplish before executing it. If you would like to change or add functionality to the script, feel free to do so.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events