Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an API for events \ audit-log on BB Cloud?

Yaron Avital May 13, 2022

I'd like to query the API for events such as:

user created a repo, user deleted protected branch, used pushed code etc'

I know there are webhooks for that, but i'd like to audit the history as well.

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hello @Yaron Avital ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In regards to your question about exporting the Audit Log, if you mean exporting the Audit Log you see in the Bitbucket UI, we have answered this question in a previous post :

However, some of the events you mentioned such as "a branch  was deleted" or "an user pushed a code to your repository" are currently not available in the Audit Logs. The good news is that we already have a feature request to add additional information to the Audit Log, including the events you have mentioned. You can access that feature request using the following link :

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

Hope that helps! In case you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you, @Yaron Avital .

Kind regards,

Patrik S.

Yaron Avital May 17, 2022

Thank you very much Patrik, 

I'm afraid the answer above does not use the API (Rest\GraphQL), it seems to be scraping the Web UI and since i'm working with a Token, it's not applicable to my case.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hello @Yaron Avital ,

I'm sorry to hear that the script does not apply to your case, and it's indeed exporting directly from the UI HTML.

In this case, I'm afraid there's not currently an endpoint available in our public API to get the Audit Logs. We have the feature request below to implement it, though :

You can vote for it and keep a watch to receive an update whenever there's any progress in its implementation.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you, @Yaron Avital .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events