Is there a way to invoke Pull request rescoping for my Cloud Bitbucket repository?

Marek March 22, 2022

I experienced some issues with the scope of created Pull requests on at least two of our repositories. I was trying to find some solution and found this 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/how-to-diagnose-debug-issues-with-pull-request-rescoping-in-bitbucket-data-center-1026057670.html
The issue described here is pretty similar to mine so I think this is it but it is not for Cloud BitBucket.

How to invoke rescoping the pull request for my specific repository?

Or just how to solve the issue with the scope of my pull requests?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

Hello @Marek ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

I'm afraid we don't have a direct equivalent API call in Bitbucket Cloud to trigger a pull request rescoping, but I think you can do it indirectly by pushing a new commit to the repository, which will make the pull requests to be updated.

That said, I'd like to understand more about the issue you are trying to solve here, so would you give us more details on the reason you were looking to manually trigger a rescoping of a pull request ? Is the issue you are facing related to recent commits sometimes not showing in the Pull Request ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, @Marek .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Marek March 24, 2022

Hello @Patrik S ,

More details: 
I've merged my branch to master using the squash option (by mistake actually, and I didn't delete my branch) and then added a few more commits on top of my branch. And next pull request created from my branch to master had all previous and new changes.

Recently I saw another issue (I was not involved in comments) also after merging by squash but in the next pull request (probably) from a different branch than the previous one, there were no changes at all. The list of commits in scope was correct but the list of changes was empty.

I've tried to create a new branch on top of a feature branch and then create a pull request from it but the scope was still not correct.

We've done a review locally.

Next time I will try to reset my changes with force push and then again push it to the BitBucket - I would like to avoid adding some commits on top just to invoke the refresh of branch state in the cloud repository.

Maybe this info help you solve the issue on the backend side ;)

Best regards

Marek

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

Hello @Marek ,

Thank you for providing additional context.

Since I was not able to simulate this behaviour on my side, and from your description I assume it not happens all the times, checking our internal tools I've noticed you have access to a premium subscription, so if this behaviour happens to occur again, I would kindly ask you to open a ticket for our support team (getsupport.atlassian.com), so our support engineers will be able to access the Pull Request and respective branches and better investigate what might have happened, and open a bug in case identified it was a not an expected behavior.

Thank you, Marek :)

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events