Is there a way to increase the timeout of a webhook?

Gary Smith January 25, 2018

If I trigger the webhook manually it takes awhile to finish but it does finish. When the webhook is triggered via a push to bitbucket I get a timeout error. How can I increase the time allowed for the webhook to finish so I don't get this error?

3 answers

0 votes
Amit Sharma July 20, 2018

Please make sure that you have whitelisted the bitbucket IPs. Usually webhooks get timeout because of firewall issue.

0 votes
Gary Smith January 27, 2018

Create a shell script that PHP executes and sends the output to dev null. The script continues in the background and everything works now.

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2018

Hi Gary,

Is this for Bitbucket Server (hosted on your premises) or Bitbucket Cloud (accessible at bitbucket.org)?

If that's about Bitbucket Server, you could try increasing this timeout:

plugin.com.atlassian.stash.plugin.hook.connectionTimeout

The default is 10000 milliseconds. See Bitbucket Server config properties for more details.

However, I would try to troubleshoot why the hook is timing out (i.e. what exactly is taking a long time to complete). The setting above only increases the connection timeout.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian Support

Gary Smith January 27, 2018

Thanks for answering. I found a solution. The webhook needs to trigger a Jekyll build that takes about 30 seconds. I created a shell script that PHP executes and sends the output to dev null. The script continues in the background and everything works now.

Gaurav Dighe April 28, 2020

Could you share the script. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events