Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide the Sync now button?

loco_Daiki_Iwamoto February 6, 2023

Is there a way to hide the Sync now button?

We are doing team development using git feature flow (or something like it).

There is a time when a team member merges a feature branch cut from the main branch into the develop branch and checks it in the development environment.
The "Sync now" button should be disabled (or hidden) because the "Sync now" button is used to import the differences between the main and feature branches by using the "Sync now" button. I would like to prohibit (or hide) the "Sync now" button.

I have been trying to encourage team members to do this, but some of them are not familiar with git and often make mistakes by using the "Sync now" button.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2023

Hello @loco_Daiki_Iwamoto ,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! 

The Sync button is shown only when the source branch is behind the destination branch, meaning that commits were pushed to the destination branch after it was branched off, and these commits are not currently included in the source branch.

As for hiding the Sync button, I'm afraid this is not currently possible, but we do have a feature request to implement this functionality: 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @loco_Daiki_Iwamoto !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events