Is there a way to delete a "Deployment" that resulted from a Pipeline Build?

Nick Daniel February 7, 2023

While configuring a Bitbucket Pipeline for a repo, there were a few dummy Deployments triggered as a result of the starter template I chose. 

I have updated the yaml file to prevent any additional misleading "deployments" (as nothing was actually deployed), but I was hoping there would be a way to remove those entities as to not confuse users in the linked Jira project.

This doesn't appear to be something I can do from the web interface, but is it something a support agent could resolve for me?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

Hey @Nick Daniel 

G'day,

If I understood this correctly, do you wish to delete pipeline deployments? If yes, there's no way to delete the already executed pipeline build.

The pipeline list is a record of all the pipelines you have run so you can keep track of it.

Let me know if it's something you wish to have. I can create a new Feature request on your behalf of you.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Nick Daniel February 8, 2023

Hello @Syahrul, thank you for the response.

I do understand what the builds and deployments are used for; and I have them successfully/happily implemented in many repositories & projects. 

My feature request, if it is not already available, would be:

A BitBucket repository-admin can delete/remove/archive/strike a "deployment" entity, so that they can have a clean deployment history if someone accidentally commits changes to the repo's Pipelines (bitbucket-pipelines.yml) that erroneously indicates something was deployed somewhere.

I imagine this is a somewhat frequent occurrence, but only when teams are setting up and/or modifying their Pipelines config. For my current scenario, I just want to remove the deployment metadata associated with some of these "dummy deployments", which didn't actually deploy anything and were instead just the result of a starter pipelines template.

Hopefully this was clear, but please let me know if I can elaborate any further.

Thanks again!
Nick

Edit: To clarify.. I don't wish to modify the build history, as that is a representation of pipeline runs. I want the ability to strike a "deployment" that is associated with a pipeline run, so that I can clean up any erroneous "deployments".

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2023

Hi @Nick Daniel 

Thanks for the details explanation and use case!

I have proceeded to create the feature request at:

Feel free to add anything if you wish. Don't forget to Watch and Vote for the feature request so that you'll receive an update in the future.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events