Is there a way to customize Branch ordering algorithm for auto-merge ? Edited

Hi,

I need to create custom branch model for our needs and want to get advantage of automatic branch merging:

Branch prefix for Release: master

Branches:

- master (prod)

- master-<future-date-1> 

- master-<future-date-2> 

- master-<future-date-3> 

Auto-merge works well for branches like 'master-<future-date-X>' as this matches to Semantic versioning. 

But auto-merge doesn't work if i merge a pull request to master, it's not cascading to master-<future-date-X>... The following rule not met: 

• Only branches matching the name of the pull request target are added into the merge path. Matching means that every token before the first numeric token must be equal to the corresponding tokens of the target branch's name.

Is there any way to customize Branch ordering algorithm for auto-merge ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Max! At the moment it's not possible to customize the branch ordering algorithm, right now the way it works is documented at Automatic branch merging - Ordering.

I found this feature request that might interest you, you can vote for it or comment at BSERV-3967.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

433 views 6 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you