You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Is there a way to configure Required Approvers for a Pull Request?
For example, our team wants us to have at least one person from the Required Approvers list approve a Pull Request before it can be merged.
Here are a few solutions;
1. In your Bitbucket Repository settings, you can create "Default Reviewers" on the left.
Then under "Branch Permissions" you can select "Check for at least N approval from default reviewers".
This will get you close, but not quite to the result you are after.
2. You can sign up for bitbucket premium to block merge if N approvals from default reviewers have not been reached.
- You will need to change every bitbucket branch setting if a default reviewer leaves or you want to add a new one.
3. Our product Workzone for Bitbucket will offer all of the above + more:
- Workzone will allow you to introduce reviewer groups, group quota and merge-control.
- You can set up a default reviewer group, so you only need to change the group members and Workzone will apply that automatically.
Technical Support at Izymes
Thanks for your response!
For Options 1 and 2 I don't believe our version of BitBucket (Atlassian Bitbucket v7.17.5) supports those configurations.
In regards to Option 3, we're using Workzone 7.5.1. I was able to successfully configure Mandatory Users. However, the Pull Request Merge Check is all of those users to Approve. Is there a way where we can allow a specific number or ratio of those in the Mandatory Users list to Approve?
If you head to your repository settings > "Workzone" (under "Add-Ons") > "Merge" tab.
You can then edit the existing merge configuration you have set up or create one.
This will allow you to create a Boolean Expression based merge condition under the "Advanced" tab as seen in the screenshot below. This should solve your dilemma.
It may also help to refer to our new documentation space here.
Let me know how that goes & if we can help with anything else.