Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically make inline-suggestions in an existing Pull request ?

guptaji98 January 5, 2021

I have Bitbucket and Jenkins hosted on private servers. The main repository primarily uses C++ so currently I have a script that triggers various Jenkins builds on every commit to master. One of these builds is a formatting script, which uses things like clang-tidy and clang-format on the C++ files in the repo and creates a new branch with those fixes. This works but it's not ideal because it scans all the files in the repo and its difficult to review the changes when a big merge commit is pushed to master.

What I'm looking for is the ability to use the inline-suggestion feature in Pull requests for this. If I could trigger a Jenkins build from the Pull request branch which can run, say, clang-format over the branch files and suggest the formatting changes as inline-suggestions on the Pull request, it would make life easier because then the developer who works on the Pull request can decide which changes to keep.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to make inline suggestions without using the browser client of Bitbucket. Is there any feature/plugin that can help me do this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events