Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to automatically make inline-suggestions in an existing Pull request ?

I have Bitbucket and Jenkins hosted on private servers. The main repository primarily uses C++ so currently I have a script that triggers various Jenkins builds on every commit to master. One of these builds is a formatting script, which uses things like clang-tidy and clang-format on the C++ files in the repo and creates a new branch with those fixes. This works but it's not ideal because it scans all the files in the repo and its difficult to review the changes when a big merge commit is pushed to master.

What I'm looking for is the ability to use the inline-suggestion feature in Pull requests for this. If I could trigger a Jenkins build from the Pull request branch which can run, say, clang-format over the branch files and suggest the formatting changes as inline-suggestions on the Pull request, it would make life easier because then the developer who works on the Pull request can decide which changes to keep.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to make inline suggestions without using the browser client of Bitbucket. Is there any feature/plugin that can help me do this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,930 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you