Is there a more usable way to see diff info *and* full source in a pull request?

Simon Tost _TNG_ January 26, 2017

\[Bitbucket 4.12.1]

When doing reviews of code that's new to me I can see the diff in a pull request.
I also can click the 'View full source' icon, but that view does not contain the diff info.

At last I can keep clicking the grey 'hidden context' areas to reveal more parts of the source code, until I can see the full source with the pull-requests diff. – But that is not a workable solution for daily business.

Is there a way to achieve the 'full source + \[unified] diff' view from the pull request's diff view in < 50 clicks?

If not - is there already a feature request ticket? (Maybe even one that I can vote on?)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2017

You can Cmd/Ctrl + Click on the hidden context area to fully expand it. 

1 vote
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2017

Hi Simon,

I think you might be looking for the side-by-side diff option. That will show the full source and the unified diffs from both sides of the diff.

image2017-1-27 8:26:24.png

Simon Tost _TNG_ February 8, 2017

You are right that this is an option to have full context + full diff, that I did not mention in my question. Thanks for that.

However it has the drawback of wasting 50% of screen estate available to source code which – upon trying -- I consider a serious drawback. (Even your screenshot is sort of a nice illustration of that.)

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2017

Fair point about side-by-side diff using a lot of the screen; I tend to collapse the file tree on the left to get more diff on my screen and then use 'j' and 'k' to iterate over files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events