Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Name parameter under private image able to be parameterized?

Javier Lagarda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2019

When defining a private image to call during a custom pipeline, I am not able to parameterize the name parameter under image module. 

We are allowed to parameterize the Username and Password fields but the not the Name field. 

This would be helpful as I would only have to set the variable for the registry and tag inside my repository variables as opposed to the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file. 

Deploy AKS Cluster:
- variables:
- name: environment
- step:
name: Deploying Azure Kubernetes Service Cluester
image:
#Must be updated using the latest Docker Image
name: private.registry/private.image:tag
username: $ACR_NAME
password: $ACR_PWD
script:
- ansible-playbook -vvv playbooks/authenticate_azure_setup.yml --extra-vars "env=$environment"
- ansible-playbook -vvv playbooks/resource_group_setup.yml --extra-vars "env=$environment"
- ansible-playbook -vvv playbooks/azure_aks_create.yaml --extra-vars "env=$environment"

1 answer

1 vote
Jonathan Tan December 19, 2019

This is a really important one for us too.

We've got ~12 repos, and having to go and change our custom image's version number for all will be horrible. We're currently using `latest`, but it's not a great solution. 

Pavel Shurikov November 29, 2021

Same problem here. At the very least need to provide the ability to customize tag using a variable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events