Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to select the Component/s when creating a new issue?

Brooke Eklund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2019

The “Component/s” field does not appear in the form when I create a new JIRA issue. I have to create an issue, save it, re-open it, edit—and only then does the blank “Component/s” field appear. 

1 answer

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi Brooke, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It looks like you're asking a question regarding Jira, yet the post is tagged with Bitbucket. I will remove that tag and add the Jira tag.

Now, Jira has 3 screens for issue operations: create, edit and view. From what you are describing, it looks like the field Component/s is not added to the create issue screen. In order to fix this, please go to the project's setting -> screens, expand the screen scheme that includes your issue type and click on the create issue screen to edit it. In there, add the field Component/s. If you are not a Jira administrator or a project administrator, please ask a colleague that has these rights to perform these operations for you.

Claudiu

Brooke Eklund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2019

That did it! Thank you Claudiu! Appreciate your help!

Like Claudiu Lionte likes this
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

You're welcome!

If your question has been completely answered and there's nothing else, please mark the question as answered by clicking on the Accept answer button (the green one at the top of my reply).

This way we ensure that other users of the Atlassian community that would like to help know that this question has already been answered and don't spend the additional time on reading all the replies.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events