Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to review multiple commits together in Bitbucket?

Greg Grinberg September 23, 2013

We generally perform code reviews when an issue is resolved rather than on every single commit.

Is there any good way to do something similar to the old way in crucible where you could perform code reviews on the full source or on diffs across multiple commits?

The best way I can see is to create a "code review" branch from an old commit of the branch you were working on and then manually perform a commit of the latest version of the code to the "code review" branch. Of course this is somewhat laborious so if there is a simpler/easier process I am very interested.

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Watkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

The way to do this with BitBucket would be to use the ability to create pull requests.

1) Do your work on a branch.

2) When you are ready for review, go to BitBucket and create a pull request for that branch; this will provide a single point-of-review, where you can see all of the commits for the request, discuss it, request changes, and automatically merge it in once the review is completed (if you don't do that step by hand, that is)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Work+with+pull+requests

(You can also request pull request via SourceTree, I think)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events