Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to recover one old mercurial repository?

Alexandre Tolstenko November 15, 2021

I forgot to update old repositories from mercurial to git. Can I have at least a snapshot of it pls? this one: tolstenko/anticheattoolkit
I checked this answered question, but the flow is not working anymore :-( 
thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
seanaty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

If you're looking for a public repository, the Software Heritage graciously archived all the public repositories and made them available here: https://bitbucket-archive.softwareheritage.org/

If you're looking for a private repo then you'd have to go through support.

EDIT: Looks like it's available here: https://bitbucket-archive.softwareheritage.org/projects/to/tolstenko/anticheattoolkit.html

tolstenko November 17, 2021

Thanks. It worked for me! 

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

Hi, @Alexandre Tolstenko

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

We definitely can help you recover this repo. However, I checked the Bitbucket account associated with the email you used to create this question and it doesn’t have access to the workspace you mentioned. If you still have access to this other account, could you please add a comment here with it to approve this process, so I can create an internal ticket for you?

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

tolstenko November 17, 2021

Thanks for the support. I probably create it with another email that I can even remember. But the  @seanaty solved my problem. Thanks!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Theodora

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events