Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to enforce a PR to always have a link to a JIRA ticket?

Carlos K January 22, 2020

I don't want PRs without linked Jira tickets because it's impossible to find what the change is related.

I can't seem to find a straight answer in the documentation, or through Google searches.

Can anyone please help?

2 answers

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Carlos K,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It is possible to force a commit to have a reference to a Jira issue, but you need an app for it. I have looked at Smart Commits for Bitbucket and Better Commit Policy for this, and I know there are other apps in the Marketplace that can do this too.

0 votes
Max Binnewies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi Carlos,

I can't think of any way how this would currently be possible. As a premium user, you can enforce merge checks, so a PR cannot be merged unless certain requirements (eg a green build and approval) are met. An attached Jira-Ticket is currently not an option for that, but might be a good idea.

You can suggest new features for Bitbucket Cloud here.

Max

Carlos K January 23, 2020

Thanks, Max.

This is an option in other competitor products, and since there is already a JIRA integration with Bitbucket, I would assume this should be a standard feature! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events