Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to deploy to another webserver with the hosted solution?

Chris September 22, 2011

Hello, our company uses the hosted companyname.jira.com solution for our PHP projects. I have bamboo setup to run phpunit currently. Would it be possible to either svn export or remote svn update one of our webservers for continuous integration?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2011

Just to clarify - you'd like to remotely update your websites as part of your build? You could set up a script builder within a Job that would do it.

Depending on your use case, it may be simpler once Studio is updated to the next Bamboo release which includes support for tasks - that would let you structure your build more easily.

Chris September 23, 2011

Right, we use JIRA svn, commits cause Bamboo to initiate a PHPUnit job. At this point 1 of the developers has to update files on our QA webserver (rackspace hosted if it matters) and instead we would like for this to be handled automatically when a successful PHPUnit test completes.

I'm still learning the ropes, when you say setup a script builder, would I need to write an ant task that can work with svn and ftp into our server to transfer updates?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2011

Create a new stage in your plan - it will be run only if your job in first stage completes successfully. In that stage, add a job with a script builder. In this way, you don't need an ant task, you can write a script in Bash. You can use the variable custom.svn.revision.numberto find out which revision was used to trigger your 'green' build.

Chris September 23, 2011

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events