Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create an account separate from those in our identity provider?

Mac January 5, 2022

Hi everyone! I have the following situation:

We access Atlassian solutions with accounts from an external identity provider and I need to set up a service account in Bitbucket (So we can deploy a SAST solution).

Is it possible to just do it in Bitbucket instead of going to the IdP and creating an "user" there? (With which we could later log in to Bitbucket)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hi, @Mac! Welcome to the community! 

Just to confirm we are on the same page, I see the account linked to the email you used to create this question is not managed by an organization, so could you please confirm if this is the domain you are referring to or not?  

Answering your question, there are two scenarios: if your organization has the single sign-on enforced on the Default policy, this user must be enabled on your Identity Provider. However, if your org doesn’t have SAML SSO enforced on the Default policy, the user will be able to create a Bitbucket account.

In order to review this policy, the org admin can follow the next steps:

• Access https://admin.atlassian.com/ > open the organization

• Open the Security tab

• Go to Authentication policies

• Check if the Default policy has Enforced Single sign-on or not

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Mac January 7, 2022

Thanks for the welcome @Caroline R

Yeap, the domain I'm in is actually managed by an org.

Perhaps I messed up something when I came here from Bitbucket to ask the question but I can see in Jira and BItbucket the other members of my org.

I see. I'll check and see what scenario we have and proceed from there. Thanks for the clarification!

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hi, Mac! 

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm glad to help you with this information. 

Please don't hesitate to ask for any further information if needed. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events