Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the default font face in Bitbucket

Mike Warner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2019

With the current font face, words like clone and done are virtually indistinguishable.

This is in all text.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2019

Hello @Mike Warner,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this is not possible in Bitbucket. I don't think this is a common practice in general. However I believe there're browser extensions that can do this kind of tweaks for you client-side.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Mike Warner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 9, 2019

Thanks, Daniil.  I know that it's not common practice, but Bibtucket has so many features, that I was hoping that there were some accessibility options that would include setting the font face.

Pavel Roskin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 19, 2022

Use Firefox, select a word in the "bad" font, right click it, select Inspect. In the rightmost pane, choose the Fonts tab, you'll see which font is being used. In the second for the right pane, look which fonts are preferred by the page (prepare to scroll and squint a lot, sorry). In my case, Nono Sans is being used, several fonts are earlier in the list, notably Roboto, a high quality font from Google. Try installing it. If the problem is the the monospaced font for code display, try installing Roboto Mono.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events