Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change a repository avatar using the Bitbucket Cloud REST API?

Nout Hoozemans February 11, 2022

Hello humans,

I have a million repositories, and I would like to make stepping through them a bit easier by colour-coding them using their avatars. Since it's an absolute **** to do this by hand, I wrote a python script that GETs the repository JSON, overrides //links/avatar/href and then PUTs it back.

This does not seem to do anything, however: the response is an HTTP 200 that contains the JSON with the original link, not the override.

Is it even possible to change the avatar using the REST API? Documentation has very little to say about this...

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
seanaty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2022

This isn't possible to do via the API, unfortunately.

Nout Hoozemans October 11, 2022

Thanks for the reply! 

Do you know if this will be possible at some point, or if there's some other method of automating changing avatars for repositories?

Sander Mol December 7, 2022

@seanatyIs it possible to create a feature request on https://jira.atlassian.com (BCLOUD) for this?

A rest API which is the backbone for an as-code definition can help in any recovery and for central repository management.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events