Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to cache dockers images built in the step within bitbucket-pipelines docker cache

Niv Penso July 5, 2020

Hello,

I'm using this step (attached above) in one of my pipelines. As you can see we are running the container tests using docker-compose. When using up command the docker-compose will try to check if any image exists locally to run the container, if it doesn't docker-compose will build it first.

I was wondering whether it is possible to push the image build artifact into the bitbucket-pipeline's docker cache so it could be utilized later on different pipeline-executions?

- step:
name: Run Tests
image: docker/compose
services:
- docker
caches:
- docker
script:
- docker-compose -f docker-compose.test.yml up --exit-code-from name
after-script:
# after script because we upload the logs regardless to result of the script (success / failed)
# Get docker containers logs
- mkdir container-logs
- docker-compose -f docker-compose.test.yml logs --no-color > container-logs/logs.log
artifacts:
- container-logs/logs.log

According to the docker service, it seems that it doesn't find the image and therefore it builds it again.

time="2020-07-19T17:27:14Z" level=info msg="Pipelines plugin request authorization." allowed=true method=GET plugin=pipelines uri=/v1.30/images/name/json

time="2020-07-19T17:27:14.177152885Z" level=error msg="Handler for GET /v1.30/images/name/json returned error: no such image: name: No such image: name:latest"

Does anyone understand what is the issue?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events