Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible and sensible to host docker images in a Bitbucket Cloud repo using LFS

Pete Blacker June 24, 2020

We're using custom docker images for our CI builds on Bitbucket. There is a new build we would like to setup but this docker image will include proprietary software, so we need a private docker registry.

Is it possible to use a bitbucket cloud repo to store this docker image if we set it up with LFS?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Chevell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020

Hey @Pete Blacker 

I suppose you could do this, but bear in mind that this is not a true Docker registry. For that, you would need to do something like what is described in Docker's Deploy a registry server documentation.

Thinking of a Docker image as simply another kind of artifact, you could use a Bitbucket repo’s “downloads” section to store images outside of the repository itself, but in a place that your repository can conceivably get to. Check out https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/deploy-build-artifacts-to-bitbucket-downloads/, it’s looking at this possibly from a slightly different angle than you are but you should be able to use the approach here to store and retrieve image files, which you can then use with standard docker commands.

I hope that helps Pete!

Cheers

Dave

Pete Blacker June 24, 2020

Thanks Dave,

That's an angle I hadn't considered. So you're suggesting we host the docker images in out repos download sections and load them using the interface used in the link you sent.

I'll try and set this up, this week and let you know how I get on.

Pete

Like Dave Chevell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events