Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it free to have open source code on Bitbucket?

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Hi,

Is it free to have open source code on Bitbucket?
I want more than 5 people to be able to access the code.

Regards,

Michael Danielsson

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

According to the pricing page:

"What is a user?

Someone with read or write access to one of your private repositories."

So it seems it will be free for your open source project with unlimited users. If not, ask for a community license!

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013

As I understand the Atlassian tools including Bitbucket is free for open source project but you have to apply for it.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013

Are you sure we need to apply? To my understanding, as long as you keep your project public, everything is free.

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013
1 vote
Roy Revelt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2018

BitBucket Pipelines should be free for Open Source libraries but it's not. Free Plan gives 30 minutes but it does not recognise Open Source NPM libraries and minutes quickly deplete.

Open Source Licence Request is tedious and unnecessary — NPM libraries can be automatically checked and validated!

Fingers crossed BitBucket enables this soon, because there will be more and more NPM libraries coming here from GitHub!

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2013

Is Bitbucket free for small teams?

Yes! Sign up for the 5 users free plan and you can have unlimited public and private repositories.

The answer seems to be no according to their pricing page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events