Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is elastic search component bundled in Bitbucket Data center?

ADT-Atlassian November 26, 2019

As per Atlassian bitbucket documentation, Elastic search component is not bundled with the Bitbucket data center.

I have installed bitbucket data center 6.6.2 on linux server  and can see elastic search bundled in the package

Can you please confirm on the above

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

Hi,

That is correct - in a Bitbucket Data Center deployment you will need to install Elasticsearch on a separate machine yourself and configure Bitbucket Data Center to use that Elasticsearch instance.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

ADT-Atlassian December 9, 2019

Hi Christian,

Below are few queries about elastic search in bitbucket:

1) I have installed bitbucket data center 6.6.2 and still got the bundled elastic search. So what is the difference between bundled elastic elastic search and installing elastic search on another machine?

2) Installing elastic search on different machine means what minimum configuration are required for installation or can we install elastic search on same machine where we have bitbucket data center installed?

Can you please help me with above queries ASAP

Thanks,

Tanvi

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hi Tanvi,

If you got the bundled Elasticsearch installed along with Bitbucket Server, you probably didn't select to install a Bitbucket Data Center node when you ran the installer - or you may have just used the .tar.gz file instead.

You should never install the shared Elasticsearch instance on a Bitbucket Data Center node - this should really be on a separate central node. For hardware and software requirements, please check with the vendor of Elasticsearch, Elastic.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Hi Christian,

While running installer, i have selected Bitbucket data center and still Elasticsearch is bundled into Bitbucket.

What is the difference in using bundled elastic search and using remote elastic search installed on another node.

Thanks,

Tanvi

Hi Christian,

While installing bitbucket data center node, i got Elasticsearch bundled. So can i use the bundled one or should we have separate node for Elasticsearch installation?

Thanks,

Tanvi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events