Is all my Bitbucket content localized in that single ~/atlassian directory?

Robert P_ J_ Day November 22, 2016

I want to do a number of test installs and usage of Bitbucket (atlassian-bitbucket-4.11.1-x64.bin) on my Red Hat Fedora system, and I'm running the installer as my regular (non-root) account, so it's not surprising to be told (in short), "You're not root, you can't install Bitbucket as a service, etc, etc."

I typically install software from my regular user account, so I'm curious:

1) Can I install as a regular user? Or should I use "sudo"?

2) Will all content be placed in the single directory ~/Atlassian so that if I decide to totally blow away that installation, I need only remove that one directory?

Thanks.

rday

P.S. I should add that I'm going to run as a client on the same Fedora system, again just for testing purposes.

2 answers

0 votes
Robert P_ J_ Day November 22, 2016

Oh, the installation wasn't asking for sudo; just that, without it, I was (unsurprisingly) limited to installing it under my home directory, and I was not allowed to set it up to run as a service.

After I installed using sudo, I was surprised to see that it was configured to run as an init script, not a systemd service, but I found how to do that.

Finally, it seems there is no comprehensive uninstall script, just a manual set of instructions.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

I can't remember exactly why it's asking for sudo but i think it will help you set up the service for the application and also the service account.

And yes, all content will be placed in the directory known as $BITBUCKET_HOME

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events