Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Siteground blocking connection to bitbucket?

julierankin April 20, 2018

Hello, 

I am attempting to deploy a bitbucket project to a client's Siteground server but I am unable to make a connection I just get a notification that the connection has timed out. All keys appear to be accurate and in place and I read that Siteground may be blocking port 22 unless whitelisted. I have a support ticket out to Siteground to confirm if connection to bitbucket is possible, but thanks for any assistance you can provide in the meantime. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Murray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2019

@julierankin @jredmond Thanks for the update. I've received further clarification on the settings for SiteGround + BitBucket + SourceTree and I'll share those as soon as I get everything running.

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

Are you asking about Siteground -> Bitbucket, or Bitbucket -> Siteground?

If Siteground is blocking SSH connections to Bitbucket, then you should be able to use altssh.bitbucket.org port 443 instead. Your git and hg clones would then look something like this:

git clone ssh://git@altssh.bitbucket.org:443/owner/repo.git
hg clone ssh://hg@altssh.bitbucket.org:443/owner/repo

If Siteground is blocking connections from Bitbucket, then you'll need to follow up with them - there isn't really much we can do about the ports they have open.

julierankin April 23, 2018

Thanks, looks like they were blocking it but were able to open it up for me.

Kevin Murray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2019

@julierankin I'm encountering the same issue.

Port 22 is closed on our servers by default for security reasons, instead, SG servers utilize 18765 as the default SSH port. They can allow outgoing/incoming connections through port 22 towards a specific IP address, but we will need the IPs used by BitBucket's platform in order to whitelist them.

Did they open up port 22 with whitelisted IP's from BitBucket? 

julierankin February 15, 2019

Hi Kevin,

Yes, they did open it up for me and allowed connecting to BitBucket, but just for that specific account.

Like Kevin Murray likes this
Marijan Raicevic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 14, 2019

Just wanted to share my experience with similar issue.

I was trying to pull from bitbucket to siteground and been getting refuse public key error,

After some searching around I came up to this page https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/sg-git/clone-github/ .

Here they explain how to configure access for github. I tried the same for bitbucket and it works!!!.

Hope that this will help somebody else out there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events