Is Reusable CI workflows coming soon feature similar to Azure DevOps templates?

Andrea Rigamonti April 5, 2023

Hello everyone,

while creating Bitbucket pipelines I noticed there isn't a standard syntax to define templates or reusable YAML file, or even having multiple pipeline in a single repository. Having something similar to Azure Pipelines templates would be fantastic because you could parameterized steps and call them as sort of functions.

I searched if something is planned and found this feature in Bitbucket Roadmap. From the description I can't really understand if it's a template concept or something different.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2023

Hello @Andrea Rigamonti ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Our engineering team is indeed working on enabling a very flexible and powerful config-sharing scheme for Bitbucket Pipelines, and the roadmap entry you have shared is being also tracked in the following feature request, which is already in progress: 

I would encourage you to add your vote on that feature request and make sure to mark yourself as a watcher, so you will be notified by email whenever there's any progress on the feature implementation.  Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @Andrea Rigamonti !
Patrik S

Andrea Rigamonti April 7, 2023

Thanks for the reply! I think that's what we need most right now in our projects.

Hope it will come soon :)

Andrea

Like Patrik S likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events