Internal server error when adding a personal ssh key

andreventu July 13, 2021

Hi,

When I try to add a personal ssh key on bitbucket repository setting, I am getting "Internal server error". Someone has any idea of the reason? No more information is provided by bitbucket

Thanks

André

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2021

Hi André and welcome to the community.

Bitbucket Cloud had two incidents that affected the website among others, the day you created this question:

It is possible that the error you were seeing was due to either of these incidents.

Are you able to add an SSH key now?

In case you are still having issues, could you please let us know:

1. Are you getting this error when you try to add an SSH to your Bitbucket Cloud account on https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/ssh-keys/? Or when you try to add an SSH key to a repository's Access keys?

2. The internal server error usually comes with a 5xx response. Could you please open the "Developer tools" in the browser you are using, then navigate to the Bitbucket page that gives you this error. In "Developer tools" select the Network tab, and then find and select the request that gives a 5xx response. In the Headers panel (after you select the request with 5xx response) check if there is a field named sentry id. If you can provide us the value of that field, I can look it up in our system for further info.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events