Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Oracle Automated Testing Suite (OATS)

Jeffrey Bucher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2020

I'm currently working on setting up an OATS installation, and part of the installation requires OATS to have a central repository that can be used between the development of automated test scripts and the test manager, which runs the automated scripts.  Due to the nature of OATS, the developed scripts are quite large.  The contain different types of code and screenshots from the recording of the scripts. 

With that being said, can Bitbucket handle the merging of these types of code files when new development has been done and needs to merge with existing files?  OATS needs a Git type repository to work correctly so I was thinking Bitbucket would work, but would rather get a definitive answer due to OATS file structure being so convoluted.

Thank You!

Jeff 

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hi Jeff and welcome to the community!

I've never worked with OATS so I am not familiar with OATS file structure. You can commit any type of files in a Git repo, however if you store many large files that are modified regularly, git clone and pull operation may become slow over time.

Bitbucket Cloud also has a hard limit of 2 GB for each repository's size to help us maintain a high level of service for all users.

For repositories that contain large files we recommend using Git LFS: Git LFS replaces large files with text pointers inside the Git repo (and the actual large files are stored on a remote server), which can improve clone and pull times.

We have the following documentation for Git LFS with Bitbucket Cloud which has more details:

You can specify which types of files will be tracked with LFS. Each billing plan comes with a certain amount of LFS storage, however it is possible to buy additional 100 GB of LFS storage for $10/month. The size of the repo itself should still be under 2 GB, but there is no limit on how much LFS storage you can purchase.

You may created a free Bitbucket Cloud account and create a repo to test it yourself if you'd like to see how it works (you can store up to 1 GB of LFS files on the Free plan).

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events