Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiating pipelines on branch other than master

jon_gorrono June 10, 2020

I had to add pipelines to a number of older projects which hold master with different level of regard. That is, some projects have a convention for what goes into master and who does it. 

I'd like to create a branch for the sole purpose of adding a pipeline config etc.

However there does not appear to be a way to initialize pipelines by committing a config file (standard name) to any other branch than master.

Am I wrong about that as I hope I am?  I have always worked around, but... that's the questions

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

Actually it should be possible on any branch or revision. Perhaps it depends how the pipeline is executed / triggered.

E.g. IIRC on a topic branch with pipeline changes, default pipeline works (as well a branch pipeline if the topic matches it) and also on the level of the commit all custom pipelines, within a pull request the changed pull-request pipeline.

If you could add a bit more context what you're doing and where the key-point is it does not work for you any longer (and what you would have expected/wanted instead) it should be easier to find out more.

Raul Guiu May 15, 2023

But you have a pipeline in master, what if you don't? I have a pipeline in a branch different to master and not in master and it doesn't seem to give my access to run it.

Like Stéphane Vergeot likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events