• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • In Stash is there a way to enforce log message only to a select branches, for eg, a particular log format only for master/develop or staging branch?

In Stash is there a way to enforce log message only to a select branches, for eg, a particular log format only for master/develop or staging branch?

Is there a particular way of enforcing log messages only for a couple of branches in stash (say master or develop). In other feature branches  we don't want to enforce a log message format as of now. Developers are free to create the branches they want (the build will happen only when a merge happens to a branch - say "develop" )

We downloaded the yacc plugin, but I don't see a way to not enforce a commit messages in that depending on branch names

2 answers

Nirmal,

There is a paid add-on available in the Atlassian Marketplace called ScriptRunner for Stash which allows you to conditionally enforce a number things including commit messages. There are a number of canned conditions available as examples, or you can write your own using Groovy. These Pre-Receive Hooks can be configured for your whole Stash instance, select projects or repositories. The protect git references pre-receive hook includes example conditions for both a master branch and a feature branch and much more.

For example, you can enforce trusted commit authors (see how in our documentation), enforce naming conventions or write your own custom pre-receive hook.

I hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

2,029 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you