Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of removing application link between Stash and JIRA

Kevin Smith January 14, 2015

I've seen references to deleting the application link and going in to the database and deleting the link manually if the Stash server is no longer present, but nothing about the actual "impact" of removing the links.

What I'd like to know is: Does the breaking of the link affect the data that has been previously stored within each application (Stash/JIRA)?  Does JIRA cache any of the data from Stash or vise-versa that would no longer appear when the link is removed?  What would happen if I restored the link?  Does everything come back?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

JIRA does cache the information of which JIRA issue links to which Stash commit. However, this could be regenerated if you brought the link back.

Kevin Smith January 14, 2015

"could be" or "will be" regenerated if link is brought back?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

I believe that you would have to manually tell JIRA to rebuild this info (button in the UI).

Kevin Smith January 15, 2015

Sorry... I would have followed up yesterday, but your system limits "newbies" to 3 comments/questions per day until they've reached 25 points... Boris, thanks for your quick responses yesterday! Now for today, I have a followup question... Is the "JIRA issue links to which Stash commit" the only cached information?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2015

What other information are you looking to preserve?

Kevin Smith January 15, 2015

Boris, My questions are related to what will happen when/if we create then break an application-link. Presently, we are using a 50 user JIRA and 10 user Stash license. We are looking to upgrade the Stash to 25 users, which MAY necessitate moving the Stash application off of it's current server onto a new server. If we have to move and "break" the application-link, what are we going to lose? Once we get to the new server, can we get this information back? We just want to know the impact and whether we are going to have any data loss that can't be recovered. This is my 3rd comment today, so I'll be off the grid until tomorrow. Thanks for your responses. Kevin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events