cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons for plugin hooks do not appear or are displayed incorrectly

Ilya S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

I am developing a plugin with a hook for bitbucket repositories. The plugin requires both a plugin icon and a hook icon. For these purposes, I use a single 170x48 PNG image. The plugin icon is fine, but there were two problems with the hook icon.

Firstly, I do not have full access to the prod bitbucket server, for test purposes I use the atlassian sdk (bitbucket 8.13) or the trial version of bitbucket server 8.16.1 in docker. On both of these versions, I don't see a column for hook icons. (screenshot below) Are these icons available in a specific version or is it some kind of specific setting?

Secondly, I encountered strange behavior on the prod version. I was developing my plugin based on another plugin that had a different icon. The file for the icon was provided with a new one, its name is different, the old icon was removed from the project files, the configs were rewritten, the plugin was rebuilt many times. But in the column for the hook icon there is an old icon from the previous plugin. What could be the reason for this behavior?

EDIT: The problem was solved by a trivial cache cleanup. First question still relevant

Below is an example of the configuration:

<atlassian-plugin key="${atlassian.plugin.key}" name="${project.name}" plugins-version="2">
<plugin-info>
<description>${project.description}</description>
<version>${project.version}</version>
<vendor name="${project.organization.name}" url="${project.organization.url}"/>
<param name="plugin-icon">icons/example.png</param>
<param name="plugin-logo">icons/example.png</param>
</plugin-info>

<resource type="i18n" name="i18n" location="example"/>

<repository-hook name="Example Hook" key="example-hook"
class="path.to.hook.ExampleHook">
<description>example</description>
<icon>icons/example.png</icon>