Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to clone any repository from BitBucket.

Vignesh Palanikumar January 27, 2022

My organisation uses sso to login to BitBucket. I can login to bitbucket. But I cannot clone any repository. It says invalid credentials. I don't remember my password. And I'm not able to reset the password either. When I enter my email address to receive the reset link, sso happens at the back end and takes me back in to BitBucket. I need to reset the password. Can you please help me on this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

HI @Vignesh Palanikumar 

Welcome to the Community!!

Remove the password from your local system first (If its Windows, the password will be stored in windows credentials, find the bitbucket one and remove it)

Next, create an App Password (Token) under your personal settings to authenticate to the remote repo, you should be able to clone the repository!!

Thanks

Thank you so much Pramodh. In Generic credential I don't see anything as BitBucket but I had one as sso. I deleted that but still facing the same issue. Actually its not about the app password. When I copy the repo url and try cloning it, a pop up comes up and asking for username and password. I don't remember the password. 

Is it the SSO password I use in my organization or a separate password for BitBucket?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

It's the SSO Password, but App password should also work when the pop up comes and you enter the credential.

Wow it is working fine now. Thanks a lot Pramodh. Have a good one !

marseilleLogi July 21, 2022

Worked for me. Thank you 

0 votes
Peter Paker January 27, 2022

It also worked for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

keshav.fore February 10, 2022

It is not working for me can you pleas help me

Error: fatal: credential-cache unavailable; no unix socket support
fatal: credential-cache unavailable; no unix socket support
remote: Invalid username or password

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events