Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep on getting 429 errors when pulling or pushing

Bjorn Harvold March 11, 2017

I've looked at the https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/rate-limits-668173227.html here. Something is not right. We are a team of 4 developers and we each commit approximately once per day.

We have a lot of repos and they are linked to our JIRA Cloud instance. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Please advise. How can I see how many API calls I am making and who is making them?

Cheers,

Bjorn

3 answers

0 votes
Eric Henry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Bjorn,

Were you able to resolve this problem?

ERIC HENRY
Development Team Lead, Bitbucket Cloud

Bjorn Harvold July 14, 2017

Hi Eric,

Yes this has been resolved :-)

Cheers,

Bjorn

0 votes
Bjorn Harvold March 11, 2017

Hi Chander,

We don't use Amazon Assistant. We haven't done anything special with any of our repos. We set up 40 of them. Connected to JIRA Cloud. Tried out Pipelines for a while but decided it wasn't for us. That's it.

We thought Bamboo Server polling Bitbucket had something to do with it so we changed all the triggers to WebHooks instead so Bamboo would get notified by Bitbucket to trigger a build instead of Bamboo constantly querying. That also didn't solve the problem.

One thing I've been toying with today is that my SourceTree has all my 40+ repos and queries them in a bad way. Settings say it only queries every 10 minutes... but who knows. After I turned it off today, I haven't seen any 429 issues in my local environment. #crossingfingersandhopeIdidntjinxmyself

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2017

429 errors are the one's when we are having multiple requests (REST API calls). Can you check if any extensions have been disabled or not like Amazon Assistant. We have been facing this issue for our Okta SSO where a limited set of users have Amazon Assistant. Uninstalling that extension as well as removing cache from IE resolved issue. This could be inappropriate, but give a try. I shall watch this Question for the right solution if anyone suggests as well. Thank you for asking this question @Bjorn Harvold

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events