Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a bibucket pipeline which fails on build but runs successfully on my local machine.

Arun Padmanabhan July 29, 2021

I have a bitbucket pipeline which basically runs a python script which checks if some files are in the correct format, the build keeps failing on my staging branch and throws an error but when i run the same script on my local while working on the same branch in the repo the script runs without throwing any error. i'm not sure what the problem is. I attached an ss as the code block doesnt format the pipeline correctly.

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 2.16.47 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

You'll need to debug this manually, looking at the differences between the build environment and your own local one.

I would start with a look at the error messages coming from the build server - they should tell you what has failed, and hence point you to what you need to change.

This got fixed, apparently it was a python issue and i had to fix the script, although the weird thing is that it only gave an error on the bitbucket pipeline and worked perfectly on my personal machine.

I'm facing another issue now where inside the pipeline the merge fails in the build setup phase, thereby failing the build.  

The weird thing is that there are no merge conflicts in the pr and the pr gets merged without any issue, but the pipeline keeps failing for some reason.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

It's probably still something in the environment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events