Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get "Server Busy The server couldn't process your request, please try again later."

Susan Seidlitz October 11, 2018

Installed Bitbucket Data Center 5.6.3 and I am using a separate server for Elasticsearch 5.5.3. Both on Ubuntu 14.04. I was able to get the Elasticsearch server up and connected to Bitbucket. However, when trying to search, I get a pop up window that says:

Server Busy

The server couldn't process your request, please try again later.

It does show some results once I click "cancel", but compared to my stand alone server, it is missing some data.

Has anyone run in to the issue? If so, how did you solve?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2018

Hey Susan,

There are a few basic things to check when installing Elasticsearch to ensure that you've defined the credentials appropriately. See Install and Configure remote elasticsearch.

I believe your actual issue is that you are using Elasticsearch 5.5.3 with Bitbucket 5.6.3. For 5.6 of Bitbucket, we ONLY support Elasticsearch 2.3.1-2.3.5. There are indexing data and configuration differences between the two. See our Supported Platforms page. 

We do support Elasticsearch 5.5.1-5.5.3 starting at Bitbucket 5.7 and later as 2.3 of Elasticsearch is out of support from the vendor as I understand it, and you may want to ensure that your Elasticsearch versioning is still within a supported version by Elastic.

Cheers,

Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events