Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel there is code leak or theft by an user who has admin access over repositories.

Ranjith Reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2021

I feel there is code leak or theft by an user who has admin access over repositories of my Bitbucket. Can bitbucket tell that who has accessed and copied my code to their local in past 6 months? I'm very serious on this and I'm doubting this as I saw the same product in others hands.

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Ranjith Reddy ,

I don't believe that we can provide access logs that far back. However, you can open a ticket with the support team and ask if they can provide you with more recent logs that may be available in our system.

Please note that admin access is not required for getting a repo's code locally, any user with at least read access to a certain repo can clone/pull the code in their machine. I'm assuming that you're looking for clone/pull events in this case?

I would suggest opening a ticket with the support team and ask if there are logs they can provide you with. You can open a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/, in "What can we help you with" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product. Please mention if this is for a specific repository(-ies) or all repos for a certain workspace, and also mention that you're looking for clone/pull events.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2021

No, the access logs are not kept that long, and if you've allowed public access, there's no way to record who may have copied it either.

If someone has grabbed a copy of your code and you have not enabled public access, then it is an account you have let have access, but that's the best we can tell you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events