Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login because I am stuck in a link your account loop

shimberger September 8, 2021

I already tried to write to atlassian support but they said I should post a message in the community forums. It doesn't really make sense to me (shrug) but here we go:

When I log into BitBucket I get a screen saying:

Bitbucket Cloud account exists

Your Bitbucket account with username *** is not linked to your Atlassian account ***@***.***

Link your accounts

When I click the Button "Link your accounts". I get back to the same screen. Loggin in and logging out doesn't help. 

Does anyone have any idea? How can I get help. I posted this to the support staff almost 5 days ago and can't do work on a project because I need some code stored in BitBucket. It's quite frustrating.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @shimberger,

I can see the support ticket you opened regarding this issue. The email that you are trying to log in with is linked to a workspace and not to a Bitbucket account, which is why login fails.

Your Bitbucket account with the same email as your community account has access to this workspace, so you can do the following:

1. Log in to https://bitbucket.org/ using the email of your community account
2. Then, go to this page https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/
You will see a list of all workspaces your account has access to. You can locate there the one you are looking for, and if you select it you'll be able to access its repos.

Just to give some context on why this is occurring:

• Before we introduced workspaces, we used to have individual Bitbucket accounts and team accounts. It used to be possible to have an email associated with an a individual account, but also with a team account.
  • Team email logins were disabled years ago, and the way to access a team was with an individual account that had access to the team.
  • Last year we introduced workspaces as containers for repositories, so a workspace was created for every existing individual and team account.
  • Bitbucket individual accounts still exist for users to log in and gain access to their workspaces.
  • The email you were trying to log in with is associated with what used to be a team account, so there is no user for this email.

Please feel free to let me know if you can see your repos after following the steps I suggested and if you need any further help.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events